onsdag 13. februar 2008

6 months in Longyearbyen, today!

Seven things I´ve done that I wouldn´t have done if I hadn´t been here:

1. learnt to shoot
2. learnt to drive a snowmobile
3. flipped over on a snowmobile (I haven´t mentioned that have I?)
4. been in a coal-mine
5. lived through a nearly three-months long night
6. driven a dog sled
7. written a blog

Okay, maybe I´d have done that last bit anyway - but it wouldn´t have been a Svalbardblog.

And of course there are other things too, that I´ve done for the first time, like joining a pub-quiz team, teaching, and learning to do pilates. But that´s something that I can do (and probably will do) after I´ve left too.

So what new things to come for the last months here? Meeting a polar bear I hope will be one thing. Not too close up though...

Ingen kommentarer: