søndag 5. august 2007

Connection!

Whoa! I didn´t expect to find internet-connection here in the outskirts of absolutely nowhere (forgive me, people of Bogen, Nord-Trøndelag (inhabitants 10 or 12, maybe)). It turns out that some company is running wireless broad band tests in this particular area, free of charge. Lucky me. And unlucky William, who has an ancient portable PC, and for some reason can´t pick up the vibes. My computer is a Mac Book Pro. Need I say more?

I must add here that we are carrying 3 lap tops on this trip. Mac for me, ancient PC for William and even older PC for the kids. We feel like The Modern Family. Or maybe not. Perhaps the true modern family of 5 would have 6.

Bogen is quite nice, actually, this is the view from the house where we’re staying. Nice.
The trip so far has mostly been about getting from point A to point B and C and so forth. So far, we’ve traveled more than one thousand km, and we haven’t reached the geographical ”middle” of Norway yet! Apparently, it’s just north of here, just south of Brønnøysund.

Well, point A was Bergen, point B was Olden, where we stayed one night, at the Helland-Hansen-family’s cabin(s) . We were tempted to stay another night, as the company was so agreeable, but decided to stick to the plan and left early for Trondheim (point C). That was a pretty long drive, but we stopped at Lom, where Emma and Thomas did some climbing on an artificial rock.

We stayed one night in Trondheim, at William’s cousin’s place. He and his family were away, still let us stay at their house. The kids loved their house and their garden, full of flowers and berries.

We spent a few hours in the centre of Trondheim, which is a pleasant city. I haven’t been there before, except for a very short visit when I was 14. But my parents met while they were students at NTH, the university in Trondheim, and I have heard lots about how marvelous Trondheim is.

My friend Frøydis Lindén has been partaking in an art exhibition in Trondheim this summer, together with many other artists. Her project was to invite people in Trondheim to make little objects in clay, inspired by the question, ”where are you from?” The objects were then casted in porcelain and placed out at different points in the city, 22 in all. I had only time to search for three, and found only two. More information about the project here.

And pictures here:
And here we are at point D, Bogen, Nord-Trøndelag (almost Nordland), heading on for point E, which probably will be Torghatten, where we will be doing a bit of hiking, I hope.
More later, don’t know when.

PS. Have I mentioned how much we’ve crammed into the car? THIS much:

Peter posing on the left. Grinning because he didn’t do the packing.



Ingen kommentarer: