mandag 27. august 2007

So far in Longyearbyen

Today, we´ve been in Svalbard two whole weeks. A certain rhythm has entered our daily life, but lots of things are still new to us. Emma, for instance, is away with her class hunting reindeer today. That´s definitively a new experience to her. I´m envious again, by the way, but I realise that she wouldn´t want me to tag along...

So - two weeks, and I still haven´t shown photos of our house.

Behold: house!


The scooters are scattered all over town, I bet we can see at least 50 from our house.

Under is the view from our kitchen window. The first is towards UNIS and the airport, the next towards Adventdalen.


The UNIS-building (Universitetstudier på Svalbard) seen from another angle.


Preserved mining-construction.

Relics from the first mine, Gruve 1.


View from Nybyen, where most of the students live, towards the fjord.


View towards Bykaia and Longyearbyen.



And Longyearbyen seen from the opposite side, from the road from Adventdalen.


A crane and other interesting rubbish at Hotellneset.



And finally another visit to the camping-site.


PS - the photos on the last blog vanished a short while, I think. It was something I did, although I´m not sure what. It should be OK now. My sincerest apologies.

Ingen kommentarer: