fredag 7. desember 2007

Eliza 106 years old! Today! Gratulerer!

The kids´ great-grandmother (GG), William´s grandmother, is 106 years old! Wow!

Eliza is a very special person, who kept coming to Norway every summer until she was 99 years old, to visit her daughter in Bergen.

The first time I met her in USA, was in easter 1991 in Manhattan, when she drove in and picked us up in her car, to take us to Long Island. She was 89 at the time, and fit as a fiddle.

She´s definetely one of the most harmonious human beings I know of, and with a wonderful sense of humour. She lives in her home in Long Island, New York, and is a VERY old lady, so she won´t read this blog. But I know that lots of people are thinking about her today. So again, congratulations!



.... and so it turned out that my birthday wasn´t next after all (strictly speaking, millions of people will celebrate their birthdays between now and the 24th, but you know what I mean...).

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

I believe she is my great-aunt as well... How fun to run in to this post.

Ned.

Boulder CO